Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issue with LNP 0.47.05 tileset changing  (Read 1281 times)

higgypig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Issue with LNP 0.47.05 tileset changing
« on: April 13, 2021, 12:16:22 am »

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for me. I noticed this version of LNP had the Phoebus graphics pack as the default which I thought was odd. So I tried to change it.

I have a fresh install of the current LNP and I noticed there aren't any art assets in the LNP\Tilesets folder but there are assets in the Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\data\art folder.
I thought this could be an easy fix, so I copied and pasted those assets in the LNP tilesets folder, however even when I refresh and hit "install tilesets" the game still renders on the Phoebus graphics pack. Interestingly enough, I can change the color pallet of the game just fine.
Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with LNP 0.47.05 tileset changing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 12:32:22 am »

PE's Starter Pack for Windows has always had Phoebus as the default. The LNPs for Linux and Mac both have Curses (vanilla tileset) as the default.

It sounds like you are in the wrong tab of the Lazy Newb Pack. There are two sub-tabs of the "Graphics" tab. One tab is called "customize" and I think the other tab is called "choose". Customize is the wrong tab. You need to find where it says "Phoebus" and double click that if you want to install that. Or double-click "ASCII" if you're trying to get the vanilla Curses setup.

higgypig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 12:37:25 am »

I see what you mean.
"Customize" has all the options visible.
"Choose" is completely empty so I cant actually select anything.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 05:27:04 am »

There's two reasons that the "choose" sub-tab could be empty. Either there's no graphics packs in the /LNP/graphics/ folder, or all the graphics packs included are for a different version of Dwarf Fortress than what's included. If you open /LNP/graphics/ and open one of the graphics packs' folders, and if you open the manifest file in a text editor, it will probably have a minimum version and maximum version listed.

higgypig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 05:32:42 pm »

Thank you. I installed a new tileset and it worked fine.. for some reason all the default packs were out of date for some reason.