Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thoughts on raiding/conquering?  (Read 1656 times)

chillerwhale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Thoughts on raiding/conquering?
« on: March 10, 2021, 02:40:40 am »

So I just recently started playing and my first long running fort got corrupted beyond repair after sending a squad to successfully conquer a nearby elven settlement. They left their named weapons scattered everywhere, now viewable in the artifact missions tab with no location, legends viewer thinks they’re still at the fort, and citizens asked in adventure mode know they are missing but have no clue where they are. Also the game crashes whenever the dwarven caravan shows up. I saw this stuff is all common knowledge in bug reports so I was wondering if there were any workarounds BESIDES just “don’t do raids.”

I read that if you conquer a vault you can get playable angels which I was really excited for. Now I’m worried to even try out of fear that it will break my game.  Obviously now I will make backups, but I’m curious if anyone has been able to conquer without bugs?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on raiding/conquering?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 02:50:20 am »

Are you playing 47.05 in which the crash bugs related to raiding were patched up?

chillerwhale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 02:56:59 am »

No but good to know that was fixed. Is it possible to patch that save so it can be recovered? Or do I just need to start a fresh world with a fresh install? I’m on 47.04 btw
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:59:01 am by chillerwhale »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 03:06:45 am »

No but good to know that was fixed. Is it possible to patch that save so it can be recovered? Or do I just need to start a fresh world with a fresh install? I’m on 47.04 btw
If it's corrupted already, there's no hope (apparently).

47.05 should work ok now, but the root cause wasn't found. Instead the problem leading to corruption fixes itself (as far as I understand). So if you do get crashes, make sure to let everyone know.

chillerwhale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 03:14:00 am »

If I wanted to attempt to load the broken save with the current version, how would I migrate the proper files from the 47.05 download and the save from the current folder to update my now out of date Lazy Mac Pack?

chillerwhale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 04:45:35 am »

Tried updating the LMP with the current version of DF and DF hack but something isn't working and it keeps crashing. how long does it usually take for that pack to be updated?