Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Quarters (Travel Phase)  (Read 1833 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

IP, Martyr

"I don't actually know the manufacturer off the top of my head. It's just a standard issue service pistol. . ." It was Martyr's turn to trail off, expression holding a mix of thoughtfulness and confusion. ". . . where did I get this? I can't actually remember why I would-" The silver-haired girl put a hand to her head, wincing in pain. "Nevermind. That doesn't really matter right now, especially if you've lost interest." She shook her head, trying to banish the unpleasant sensation in her skull. "Should I ask about your employer?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

IP, Martyr

The android hesitated a moment before... sighing, an action that seemed to surprise her. Shaking off the confusion, IP simply said, "Kaida Robotics is a German-Japanese company that manufactures a variety of products, including small arms, robotic infantry, drones and mechanized vehicles. It is currently... undergoing restructuring... after a dispute involving some of its artificial intelligence programs. What else would you like to know?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

IP, Martyr

"I think I understand enough." A weapons company having a "dispute" about AI, coming from an android and sounding very worried. It wasn't hard to guess. She wondered if it was the classic science fiction argument over whether robots had souls or rights. "Unless you think there's something I should know?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

IP, Martyr

IP thought for a moment before shaking her head. "It would be disreputable to request assistance before first helping with any difficulties the rest of this group may be dealing with. I have nothing more to say on the matter at this time." After a few moments of silence, IP continued, "If it is all right... I would like to go meet the others. There are others present, yes?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

IP, Martyr

"Mhm." She nodded. "All over the place, for better or for worse." Martyr stepped sideways to allow IP past. "I might keep wandering around, I might collapse of exhaustion, we'll see." She shrugged. "Nothing much to do except wait for something to happen."
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

IP, Martyr

The android simply nodded, but before she walked away, said, "Please, Martyr. Take care of yourself. If you were brought here like I was, then that means you are as valuable to the mission as I am - perhaps more so. Don't forget that."

And with that, she headed to the rest of the castle, eager to look it over and find another place.

Opera House Smee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kino and Enma

Having triumphed against their recent enemy, Kino and her sister had decided to return to the castle from whence they met the wider group of their co-travelers, arriving at the quarters. Apart from needing rest, their recent environment had been too much for Kino to handle, and it disturbed even the nun's ever-lively-sister, who seemed less perky than usual even as they were finally away from that dreadful place.

Talk to me, sister. Enma spoke telepathically, the faintest lingering discomfort within her as she awaited her sister to speak.

"I am tired," Kino said, to no one but those within. She endured the burden of the wailing of the spirits of her kin within her, her talking sister her only confidant and respite. "It was not the fighting that exhausts me so, but that place was..."

It reminded me of home. Except it hurt.

"It hurts to remember," Kino said, dispassionately, though the words themselves seemed to rid her of any further intent to indulge. "Let us rest, sister. We've earned it."

Taking a breath, Kino shut her eyes as she sat down near one of the nearby walls and slumped to the floor, her staff clattering onto it. She wondered what it meant to be able to sleep in silence once more, for even if Enma remained quiet, the rest of what remained within her were not.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Rory

The two strolled through the portal, the youkai shortcutting by opening up a linked one from Rinnosuke's doorway (to a mix of dismay and relief at her departure for the shopkeep.) "Well, this is certainly one way to decorate the interior." Yukari idly fanned herself, looking about the empty room. "I had hoped my earlier glance wasn't representative. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Rory, Yukari

The snake faunus sighed at the assessment before shrugging. "Yeah, we don't have anyone to clean and we pretty much leave for a new mission as soon as people finish the previous one so... Not much time to make this place look presentable. Honestly, I'm kind of worried about people burning out at this pace, not everyone is built for constant fighting like this...." Rory lets that statement hang in the air for a moment before shrugging. "So, anything in particular you want to see or anyone you'd like to meet?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Rory

"You should care for your abode more. Appearances have power; they can be deceiving, yes, but the deception must be carefully crafted." There was a subtle shift in her expression when he referenced the difficulty of the constant struggle, but it was gone as if it had never existed when he blinked. "I do believe I offered to grant you some assistance with some equipment. Shall we get that out of the way first?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rory, Yukari

Rory nods, being more than happy to get off the topic of their shitty home. "Yeah, that'd be a good idea. I... think any of these rooms would do. Alternatively I think there's an engineering bay that may have more tools to use but... I get the feeling you aren't going to use any "traditional" tools for this." Rory tilts his head, half expecting to be proven wrong.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Rory

Yukari tapped on her chin with a fan - wait, she had a fan? - making a show of thinking about what Rory had assumed. "Mmm, I suppose I could bypass them, yes, but that intervention would be much more work for the same result. Magic is like any other ingredient in a blade: best folded in when it is soft and pliable." She idly turned over in midair as she spoke; it wasn't actually clear whether she was aware that she was slowly rotating, as the youkai seemed distracted by some distant thought.
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rory, Yukari

Rory nods, thinking for a moment before shrugging. "There's probably tools like that in an armory, which I think is in the barracks, if you want to follow me."

Assuming Yukari accepts Rory moves to the Barracks.
Pages: 1 [2]