Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (11/-1000)  (Read 6261 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (11/-1000)
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2021, 09:16:20 pm »

Pricecheck: A library that eats other libraries and digests their content, excreting twitter hot takes.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2021, 09:29:52 pm »

Pricecheck: A library that eats other libraries and digests their content, excreting twitter hot takes.

5II. Currently pointless as nobody seems to have established libraries. Or twitter.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2021, 09:31:38 pm »

5II. Currently pointless as nobody seems to have established libraries. Or twitter.
Right, just planning ahead.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2021, 09:41:30 pm »

Pricecheck: A species of giant mushroom that develops in the form of "village" or "outpost" "scenes", meaning the fruiting bodies grow into functional structures expected to be found in a village or outpost, with working doors, windows and etc, and contain grown furniture and "mannequins" posed in various "normal" poses, altogether looking as though the entire place was overgrown by the mushroom in a matter of moments?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2021, 09:42:57 pm »

Pricecheck: A species of giant mushroom that develops in the form of "village" or "outpost" "scenes", meaning the fruiting bodies grow into functional structures expected to be found in a village or outpost, with working doors, windows and etc, and contain grown furniture and "mannequins" posed in various "normal" poses, altogether looking as though the entire place was overgrown by the mushroom in a matter of moments?
Didn't you do that in one of KJP's games?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2021, 09:44:40 pm »

Didn't you do that in one of KJP's games?
One of Robo's gods of creation actually.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2021, 09:47:08 pm »

3II, assuming they can still be used as functional housing and grown elsewhere.
1II if you just want to make one non-spreading village/outpost.
2II if you want them to be not-used as functional housing but spreadable elsewhere.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2021, 07:24:28 pm »

Update's tomorrow (probably)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pricecheck: A snazzy crown that magically makes people increasingly obsessed with stealing and wearing the crown as they spend time near it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Pricecheck: A snazzy crown that magically makes people increasingly obsessed with stealing and wearing the crown as they spend time near it.

1 I

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pricecheck: A race of sentient corals, which thinks of itself in terms of colonies rather than individuals, with four life stages:
A freshly budded colony looks like a small wind-up toy car, which drives around until it encounters a sufficient food source (the coral eat decaying organic matter by filter-feeding, extending delicate feathery 'roots' which secrete mucus that traps food particles), whereupon the polyps begin dividing and the colony expands into the second stage.
After having fed sufficiently to fuel reproduction, the colony now looks outwardly like an ordinary human, complete with clothing and other accoutrements made out of secreted coral exoskeleton. Second-stage colonies are also mobile, but instead of seeking food, they seek mates in the form of other second-stage colonies. When two second-stage colonies join, they grow together and form the third stage.
Third-stage colonies quickly develop to take the appearance of a large tree. New first-stage colonies continually bud off from the branches and fall like fruit. The third-stage colony continues to feed, fuelling both its own growth and the budding process. Eventually, it grows large enough to reach the fourth stage.
In the final stage of its life, a colony takes the shape of a huge building outfitted as a dance hall. Having passed its reproductive prime, it now acts to aid the reproductive success of its second-stage offspring by providing them with a place to meet potential mates. As long as polyps remain alive, the colony can reconfigure itself to serve its goals; however, the colony has reached senescence and its polyps will slowly die off, eventually rendering the dance-reef wholly passive. If food is readily available, second-stage colonies meeting there are likely to choose to grow into the sessile third stage directly attached to the existing structure, growing the reef.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

oh heck there was an updoot
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Pricecheck: A race of sentient corals, which thinks of itself in terms of colonies rather than individuals, with four life stages:
A freshly budded colony looks like a small wind-up toy car, which drives around until it encounters a sufficient food source (the coral eat decaying organic matter by filter-feeding, extending delicate feathery 'roots' which secrete mucus that traps food particles), whereupon the polyps begin dividing and the colony expands into the second stage.
After having fed sufficiently to fuel reproduction, the colony now looks outwardly like an ordinary human, complete with clothing and other accoutrements made out of secreted coral exoskeleton. Second-stage colonies are also mobile, but instead of seeking food, they seek mates in the form of other second-stage colonies. When two second-stage colonies join, they grow together and form the third stage.
Third-stage colonies quickly develop to take the appearance of a large tree. New first-stage colonies continually bud off from the branches and fall like fruit. The third-stage colony continues to feed, fuelling both its own growth and the budding process. Eventually, it grows large enough to reach the fourth stage.
In the final stage of its life, a colony takes the shape of a huge building outfitted as a dance hall. Having passed its reproductive prime, it now acts to aid the reproductive success of its second-stage offspring by providing them with a place to meet potential mates. As long as polyps remain alive, the colony can reconfigure itself to serve its goals; however, the colony has reached senescence and its polyps will slowly die off, eventually rendering the dance-reef wholly passive. If food is readily available, second-stage colonies meeting there are likely to choose to grow into the sessile third stage directly attached to the existing structure, growing the reef.

5II

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]