Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Gods are Watching - POC Edition  (Read 4319 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods are Watching - POC Edition
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2020, 10:34:30 pm »

Bless Yn Antheas
((Auto correct say saw no problem with Yn somehow))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:46:37 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2020, 04:33:04 am »

Bless Bonewing's domain.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2020, 11:59:38 am »

Alright, I started to work on the next edition of the game, and walked into a problem.

First of all, I have two problems :
- The power mechanic, which is not only quite boring on its own, but also really tedious to keep the counts for each country
- The consequences of your special actions, which are a pain to follow each turn, as I have no mechanic to manage them. So it relies only on my motivation, which is quite... Variable

But here is an even bigger one :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the global map. You can see the Hyrun Peninsula in the upper left, to give you a perspective.
Yeah, this is a massive map. And that's the problem. Even if I throw the power mechanic into scrap and somehow create a simple mechanic for your creative actions, this will still be very painful to pass each turn, so painful this will ultimately mean that I will someday stop the game (and I'm already tempted to stop it now, in fact).

So for now, the only idea I have is either to stop here and call it a day, or purely and simply entrust the players to do the events, leaving me only the major / scripted events and the work on the map (this is actually the most fun part for me).

So... Does this appeals to you ?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2020, 12:15:22 pm »

Yes after each of us blesses or curses a place, we can appoint a roller for the countries. Maybe you can stick with the peninsula and not worrying about the rest of the place if it’s too big to manage

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2020, 12:18:25 pm »

I definitely think the power mechanic was the weakest part of the game, anyway, and that we'd all have much more fun doing events.

I'll also note that the way you're doing this is probably too granular. If there's as much faction density as there was in the proof of concept, there'll be hundreds of places to do stuff to. While it might be realistic, it won't be fun to run, nor much fun to play; people like to see what they do affect the continents and the world, not just a small region, and it's much easier to keep track of a handful of factions than what the map size compared to the proof of concept seems to imply.

Overall, I'd like to see this continue, but it definitely needs some modification in order to work on the scale you want to make. Having us do the general events seems like a good first step, though.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2020, 03:40:21 am »

I'd Like to see this continue as well, if you've got to simplify stuff to keep it going then do it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2020, 06:20:39 am »

Hey, sorry for the radio silence this month.
I prepared the rules and the map, but the context is yet to be done. I also kinda lack the motivation, plus I have bigger fish to fry IRL, so I’ll put the game on pause. Maybe I will come back, but not at least until a few months.

So merry Christmas and take care of yourselves.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2020, 11:02:42 am »

Fair enough. Happy holidays.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2021, 05:21:25 pm »

Hello everyone!

As I said around 2 months ago, I'm back, with a new game, although not the one I had first in mind.
I was thinking about a rework of this godgame, but I discovered an awesome concept that I am eager to share with you, succession game. It is in the same universe as this game, so if you are interested, please check this here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]