Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventurer Appearance Customisation  (Read 3131 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Appearance Customisation
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 06:12:12 pm »

Pretty sure vjmdhzgr had once asked for this too. It'd be nice if full appearance customization was in game by default.

However, the workaround is you can do this via modding. You'd just enter the values for the ranges you want in the RAWs prior to starting/loading the game. You can get exactly what you want.

The problem with that is that all members of your race will have those values. Meaning that every human, or elf, or dwarf, or goblin etc will look the exact same. That is unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

Unless you do this: Change raws, start adventurer, change them back. All infants born in those two weeks before the game starts will have the same appearance, but that's acceptable losses.

To add some more detail to KittyTac's reply:

Historical NPCs have their appearances defined by the raw files used during world gen. These appearances are fixed and cannot be changed.

Your character's appearance is based on the raw files in place when you load the game and roll your character, and as KittyTac mentioned, the historical babies born during this time will share this appearance. Aside from hair/skin/eye color(which you can change at any time), your character's appearance is fixed and cannot be changed.

Non-historical NPCs have their appearances pulled from the raw files in place when you load the game. These appearances are not fixed and can continually be altered whenever you feel like it.

Abek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 01:59:22 pm »

Heyo.

I'm necromancing this thread in light of the Steam update :)

I personally play more adventure mode than fortress mode. I would really love to have the same degree of flexibility in customization as I have in personality.

I prefer to insert myself into any game I play and being able to create an avatar of myself that would be represented with the new graphics would be fantastic.

Think this is something a lot of people would benefit from both in terms of immersion as well as not having to spam randomize until they became Very Large.

Regards,
Abe

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 05:43:12 pm »

Well, since it's necro'ed...

This was mentioned in Blind's interview with Tarn yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKwnEJ5RD4
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 [2]