Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: very unfortunate  (Read 780 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
very unfortunate
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »

wow just started a new fortress and had just reached summer. Had a space open for the flooding to make muddy ground and just as i finish the digging there both my miners fall a sleep right next to the river. The river floods and now both miners have drowned.  :(
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: very unfortunate
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 11:57:00 am »

Ouch. Better hope thta the next migrants bring a miner.   :(

TakiJap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 05:08:00 pm »

I lost two miners in a similar way in the beginning. First idiot drowned when building a channel and the other one just didn't run fast enough and snakemen caught him.

I just gave other ones pick to a my least needed worker and told him to dig. His progress was really fast and now after five years he's a legendary.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:00:00 pm »

To avoid dwarves falling asleep in the stupidest of places, build a barracks from a weapon rack.  They'll all go to that room to sleep on the floor, even if you have no beds.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »

They seem to still occasionally sleep in some hole even if you have a weapon rack. 95% of them don't but there is always some idiot who is to lazy to walk over. That and trappers, they seem to just love sleeping in snow/grass/mud.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 08:28:00 pm »

I think toady already mentions that trappers will sleep in the spot in which they stand when they are hunting and need sleep.
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.