Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anybody else miss the old 2D version?  (Read 1955 times)

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody else miss the old 2D version?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 08:57:54 am »

Yeah, the freedom from crippling indecision every time you mine out a wall really makes the 3D version better for me, though I do miss the loss of most of the respawning challenges. I am thinking this next version that will at least allow magma pipe and underground river creatures to spawn like other wildlife from offscreen will solve most of what I miss.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 04:04:13 pm »

Losing is fun, but we lost the losing.

Hopefully it finds it's way back, so we can implant a GPS tracking chip under it's shoulder skin.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 04:19:40 pm »

I dont know how I ever got stuff done in 2d when I play it now I am afraid to designate any area for digging simply because I know its impossible to undo it and it could perminantly ruin my long term defensive plan.

Granite.exe was the only thing that I needed for 2d to be perfect.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 06:36:58 pm »

Never played the 2d version. Kind of curious about many interesting features that I heard about, but I'm thinking there absence as temporary.
Pages: 1 [2]