Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recommendation request  (Read 1629 times)

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Recommendation request
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:28:36 pm »

I've been looking for some mods to play with and unfortunately found none past Spellcrafts and Dark Ages. I'm mainly looking for those which offer vampires as playable races in Adventure mod ('cause I like the concept of vamps itself) and those which add magic or alchemy in any shape or form, because let's face it, necromancy is cool but is not enough.
So, can someone please recommend me a mod that contains a cool vamp race or magic?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendation request
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 03:35:34 am »

Vampires exist in vanilla, you can't start as one but there are multiple ways to become one.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

mgsicko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 01:59:11 am »

There's always masterwork, they're not playable by default, but if you yank their raws from there you and tag them as a playable entity you should be good. could require some fiddling, and i dont know how much it would actually feel like having a vampire fortress, but it might be worth a try

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 03:03:23 pm »

There's always masterwork, they're not playable by default, but if you yank their raws from there you and tag them as a playable entity you should be good. could require some fiddling, and i dont know how much it would actually feel like having a vampire fortress, but it might be worth a try
Honestly, I don't know a thing about DF modding. Could you please explain how to do that to me?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 06:39:44 pm »

Honestly, I don't know a thing about DF modding. Could you please explain how to do that to me?
I can create mod for you, with vampires as playable race and with alchemy. Send me PM, so we can talk about details.