Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pet Infestation.  (Read 473 times)

HaunterV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pet Infestation.
« on: January 10, 2007, 12:38:00 am »

.. Seriously I have like 4 dwarves that have like at least 6 foals up to horses with a smattering of dogs and cats following them around... What can I do about this?

Can I do anything about this?
Do pets have any function?

bah! I'll slaughter the lot of them or let the floodgate malfunction and flood the map again.

[ January 10, 2007: Message edited by: HaunterV ]

Scratchmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Infestation.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 01:27:00 am »

If you want them out of the way, you can cage them. Make a cage and then build it, then [q] over it to assign animals to it. My current fort has a single cage with ~150 horses and cows crammed inside.

HaunterV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 01:34:00 am »

lmao
150?! wow I wish there was a fence so you could pen them up and watch them roam around and die off in the winter.

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 01:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by HaunterV:
<STRONG>lmao
150?! wow I wish there was a fence so you could pen them up and watch them roam around and die off in the winter.</STRONG>

You could build a fence out of statues, place the cage of 150 uncomfortably crowded cows in it, release them, and then have your game drop to 5fps from all the failed pathfinding attempts...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 11:20:00 pm »

Cat infestation isn't as bad as it sounds (I guess this is my third reply in favor of cats =p), they keep dwarves happy and kill lil buggers. I even had a cat try to save its owner once! Or maybe he was just trying to run first and went right into the lavamansortofthing. But for other animals, don't let them available, it kills the option of butchering for food. And I'm not sure what people do with their wardogs, but I tend to leave them all with one or two marksman so it's a little army.