Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Last Ember [Turn 0: The Ashen Wastes]  (Read 4956 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Ember [Turn 0: The Ashen Wastes]
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2020, 03:31:37 pm »

((And to IronyOwl what's the structure of the game like? Should we already be taking actions? Is this spending our attributes? And have you tried sending a PM to the others? I do somewhat wonder if they lost contact with the game because of the small pause as you readied all the items.))
((It's supposed to be proper turns, but I figured everyone was staring blankly because they weren't sure what they could or should be doing, and advancing things somewhat more organically seemed like a good way to get some of that initial experimentation out of the way. I also wanted to foster what activity we have without abandoning everyone else, though maybe a prod would have been better for that.

I've not bothered sending PMs to anyone, but most of the players are active on the Bay12 Forum Games Discord, so I know they're around.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2020, 05:03:31 pm »

To Glass, Nakeen, Dgr, Where are you guys?
(Busy and intending to get a post out all week .-.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2020, 05:19:59 pm »

Arashkal, Ashen Lord

-Arashkali has been keeping an eye on the mortals of the other gods, and doesn't like what he sees. Madness and despair are sapping at their will far more than your Ash-Husk. He suggests if something isn't done, they may start physically or mentally degenerating much as your kin have.
-On that note, your kin are not unaffected, but they are accustomed to staring into yawning abysses of horror and keeping their balance. They will be fine, for now.
-Kuari has been scuttling to the edge of the castle and looking down now and then. He quickly loses interest, which suggests there's something moving beneath the ash but it's either too small or fleeting to be of concern. This is also why you know the worm hasn't come back yet.
-Igniale insists on flaunting her position by petulantly reminding you of her impoverished accommodations. Pettiness aside, it's true that a cramped, crooked castle is less than ideal for housing and workspace for an impressive number of divines and mortals.

Stroking the underbelly of his beloved mount to calm them, the Ashen Lord spoke to his son and heir.
"Such weaklings these non-Ashen. I shouldn't have expected much from them, but still, it would be an inconvenience if they were to shatter before being of much use... What do you suggest my heir and son? You are closest to them than I am, and you stand to understand their ply better. I will grant you control of the most fragile of our ranks, lead them well."

Arashkal listened Arashkali's suggestions, and gave him control of [300 Tribesmen] Calm Ash-Husk Tribesmen, and [200 Warriors] Patient Ash-Husk Savages.

He then looked down on Igniale with a domineering gaze.
"Fallen Igniale, your tastes haven't changed - and for the better. It is true these pitiful heaps and scraps are unsuitable for our designs. The fact we would have to mingle with lesser folks and different gods is a threat to our stability. Oh- Huh huh huh."

Arashkal chuckled, an idea crossing his mind.
"Igniale, I bestow a task upon you. Share your concerns to the other gods, and other mortal representatives. Let them know of the disastrous state of our lodgings, and how unfeasible it would be for us all to remain cramped within these broken walls."

Arashkal decided to use Igniale's concerns and pettiness to his advantage. Through her he will rouse the other mortals, sowing distrust and awareness. This will bring change, and surely cause the dangerous elements biding their time to manifest, allowing Arashkal to root them out.

Yog-Har, having taken a position next to the only one he respects out of everyone here, looks over to Arashkal. "So, a scouting mission is what your currently considering, it's a wise choice. One should never be unaware of their surroundings. However, between the two of us, I do believe I have more experience in such matters, so it would be better for me to take my men on such an expedition. Yog-Har lowers his voice to whispering hiss. I would suggest a joint excise to combine our strengths, but I don't trust these softlings to be left alone. It's in their nature to corrupt and seduce, the bane of discipline and austerity. We're the only true warriors amongst this lot, we're the only two that can keep the warriors from falling to this simple schemes and complacencies. That's why I think it would be best to have one of us stay here, to keep order and watch our backs.

Busy observing the actions and projects of the other gods, the calculating Arashkal at first didn't notice Yog-Har's powerful presence. The Ashen Lord sneered in direction of the scurrying gods.
"Hmpf. Look how they scurry and bow like desperate scavengers. Ridiculous. They sing of cooperation and unity, but this ruin will soon become a bursting vessel of opposing minds."

Arashkal held Yog-Har into respect, on account of its prowess and rational ways. He felt more inclined to cooperate with a fellow warforged god rather than the softer thinker gods.

"You would suggest I and my Ashen stay in these grounds to guard and stand watch? That seems acceptable, you watch the front while I watch the back. Hmpf. I would have preferred getting as far away from that rabble, but I guess I can make some compromises."

Arashkal agreed with Yog-Har. While Yog-Har would set out to scout, Arashkal would stand watch and patrol the areas.
Arashkal wouldn't speak to the other gods unless they directly addressed him, for now he marched with the Gladiators toward the edge of the controlled territory.

Spoiler: Arashkal's possessions (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2021, 12:36:39 am »

4: [3 Spirit, 1 Finesse] The Kindred Speaker, name long forgotten
One does forget this one was a Stoneling once; they've changed so much from that dragonblood. No matter; they're quite good at keeping their vampiric instincts in check, and they are absolutely inspirational when speaking to a crowd! They almost seem to be able to give all their listeners a piece of their adaptable nature.

1: [250 Sets] Engineering tools
Anyone who tells you these are unnecessary is lying or stupid. Probably both.

1: [15 Wagons] Very good steel
What? Not everything has to be adamantine or mythril or encrusted with arcane gemstones or what-have-you. Most of the time, all you need is steel plain and simple. And I assure you, this is some damn good steel.

2: [2/2 Artifact] Conceptual Tongs
Sooooo. This is an... interesting piece of equipment I've come across. I call it tongs, but it doesn't much look it - more like a vaguely linear collection of grey mist. I assure you, though, I've been able to use it to grab ahold of some concepts and forge them into my works! I need to have something about to symbolize the concept, of course, and it tends to cause some odd effects to whatever I'm taking the concept from, but it's certainly helpful for making items with the desired effects. I've even considered trying to alloy concepts together, but I haven't yet seen any opportunity or justification to do so thus far.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2021, 02:48:55 pm »

1:[500 Sets] Advanced Tools: Alchemy and scribework enough for my workers, the rest are mostly navigation tools.
1:[250 Sets] Delicate Tools: Engineering and fleshcrafting
1:[300 Vermin] Sweethums: These mortal-sized millipedes are kept by the Jadescale as underground livestock. In addition to providing meat, eggs, and flexible shell-leather, they secrete a sweet nectar with ritual and culinary uses.
1:[15 Wagons] Meat Grubs: These plump, yam-sized grubs are a cheap alternative to proper flesh, and are traditionally roasted and eaten whole.
1:[200 Scholars] Scholars: Scholars and scribes.
1:[200 Sages] Sages: A mix of alchemists and engineers.
1:[200 Artisans] Artisans: Runecarvers and fleshshapers.
1:[10 Wagons] Rare Materials: Random bits and bobs of rare magically active materials.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2021, 04:11:57 pm »

((I think that's everyone? In light of the rules that our followers start with their own tools, I swapped out my scholarly toolers for a group of laborers, who can hopefully deal with the crops and beasts I brought with me.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]