Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What a way to die!  (Read 432 times)

darknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What a way to die!
« on: December 31, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »

This happened just a few minutes before I got online tonight, and I am still laughing my ass off. I wouldnt have believed it, if I hadnt been right there watching it.

On a cave river criss-crossed with dozens of bridges, this guy managed to die with style, but a complete lack of swimming talent. Unib Ostarmosus, Guildmaster, has burned up in magma. The river was flooding, and swept him and a dog into the water. The dog made it safely to a bridge. So did he, but then he slipped, and used 6 more bridges as waterslides, and was swept into the middle of an aquaduct full of magma. I have never seen anything slide more than twice before, so 6 in a row is just unreal! And two of the bridges had their ends sealed off against the walls of the river, so there should have been no current on them. Musta just been momentum that kept him going. I guess it just wasnt his day. LMFAO!!!

Anyone have some other examples of outragious ways to go?

ho watches those that watch us???

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
Re: What a way to die!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 08:06:00 am »

On one of my early fortresses, my stockpiles were raided by rhesus macques shortly after I started. 'Right,' I thought, 'This should be easy.' What a fool I was   :roll:. I quickly drafted a spare fisherdwarf and sent him to attack the monkeys with a battleaxe. He charged at one... then the monkey stunned him, ripped an arm off with his teeth, and pushed him in a river, and proceeded to steal every single piece of food I had. Needless to say, my fortress starved to death.
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!