Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hermaphrodites breeding idea  (Read 758 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hermaphrodites breeding idea
« on: October 04, 2020, 05:56:26 pm »

I have an idea how make hermaphrodites breed, but they also heal all injures.

Creature will have two castes (or three castes). They are male and female (optional genderless caste). And greeting interaction, that cannot be mutual and that turn creature to another caste for time. Transformations don;t change orientation, so all this creatures must born as fully bisexual.

As example, blizzard men all born as men, but if player get two of them in fortress, one of them turn all other temporary into females, so they get pregnant and give birth, then become men back.

I only need know pregnancy time in ticks, but tester for mod will be also very good.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hermaphrodites breeding idea
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 06:30:35 pm »

Sounds a little Left Hand Of Darknessinian.  Well, except for the healing.

Or else modelled after the real-life fish that, in the absence of any male, the current Alpha Female transforms into one (there are surely also reverses of this, to match your example, but I can't remember them straight off the top of my head).

Sounds like it could be done this way (IANAExpert!  ...and I know you are), but really I'm just giving you some ideas for how to theme and justify your ideas if you think you need any help to do either.