Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with active military members attacking a custom creature  (Read 794 times)

nocpur

• Bay Watcher
  • droolin
    • View Profile

Hello. I've made a couple custom creatures before but I decided to make an absolutely massive and overpowered one just for fun. However, in my fort (even if tamed/trained) active military members (both my civ and others) attack it like a megabeast. It does not have the megabeast tag or anything out of the ordinary, as far as I can tell - it's just really big. I can provide the extended code if needed.

Does size contribute to military aggression? Is it perhaps something to do with the [CARNIVORE] or [LARGE_PREDATOR] tag (even though, when I removed it in the region's file and respawned a unit via DFHack, it made no difference)? Does DFHack cause issues with taming/recognizing a unit is yours, since I create-unit these creatures in?

For instance, the size:
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:200000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:10000000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:20000000]

and maybe some other trouble spots?

[FLIER]
   [PET_EXOTIC]
   [TRAINABLE]
   [HUNTS_VERMIN]
   [LARGE_PREDATOR][CARNIVORE][NATURAL]

This is the only real modification I have done, the rest is just for the body/colors/caste settings. I really don't know what's going on.

Thanks.

EDIT: Seems it's an issue on DFHack's end, actually. Spawning in a tamed giant dingo failed, as it was attacked despite being tame.
I don't know if this is the place to put this anymore, but if it is - how do I stop active military duty dwarves from recognizing these spawned in creatures as a threat?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:54:29 pm by nocpur »