Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traps for AM  (Read 904 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Traps for AM
« on: July 06, 2020, 05:08:30 am »

In fortress mode traps are usable. But will be more interesting, if you can create simple traps in adventure mode. You need just terrain features like trees and a rope for make the simplest trap. Also will be interesting 'wolf pits', especially with spikes (bolts and edged weapons also usable), crossbow traps, melee traps. Even water bucket above door is example of simple trap. Not really fun? So, whats about of this bucket, but full of acid-like noxious secretions?

But not only player will create traps. If invaders go from your fortress, they also may make a small 'present' of simple adventure mode traps. Some creatures will have tag TRAPPER or so. They will create simple traps even if they are wild, but also if thieves or snatchers. They may hunt large prey or do cruel mischief for your citizens.

Sorry for bad English. 

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Traps for AM
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 11:28:21 pm »

I like this idea. Have cannibal visitors trap and eat migrants.

roll 6d, Mechanism Quality vs Observation. Observation of 7+ detects all hidden traps that use mechanisms.

Wolf pit, being the exception, no roll vs Obs. The victim must be large to recieve full impalement damage. Anyone can fall in, without a friend bringing a ladder, no way out. Until dinner bell for Hannibal, is rung. Flyers and hoverers immune.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.