Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: some armor and material questions  (Read 531 times)

Defensive kobra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
some armor and material questions
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:01:54 am »

if i create an special type of armor, and the only reaction that is able to produce this armor will result in the armor being made out of an particular material like bone or gold, will this result in all non artifact instances of that armor being made out of that material?
Also if an material that imposes an syndrome on all who touch it due to [SYN_CONTACT] is in constant contact with an creature due to that creature being submerged, covered or wearing armor out of that material, will they have an chance to catch the syndrome every tick they are in contact with it?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: some armor and material questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:01:52 pm »

1. "if i create an special type of armor, and the only reaction that is able to produce this armor will result in the armor being made out of an particular material like bone or gold, will this result in all non artifact instances of that armor being made out of that material? "

- Yes, if you remove or disable all other metals from being able to be made into armor (and allow gold to be made into armor), it will mainly those metals that will show up in artifacts for armor.

2. "Also if an material that imposes an syndrome on all who touch it due to [SYN_CONTACT] is in constant contact with an creature due to that creature being submerged, covered or wearing armor out of that material, will they have an chance to catch the syndrome every tick they are in contact with it?"

- No, making gear like this wont apply syndromes, same goes for making poisoned weapons.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...