Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101110 00100000 00001010 00001010  (Read 2050 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's just because wav is just generic uncompressed audio (at least by reasonably modern standards) and yes it still depends on the samplerate. The size of analogue containers is best measured in playtime. But the beep beeps have evolved since those oldschool computers, nowadays you can buy a timecode vynil, and use that to "emulate" music being played back on a classic record player. Not that I think they use order of magnitude denser beeps but I guess I'm just finishing the circle  ;D.
let

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile

I wonder if anyone has asked Toady for permission to, for example, crawl this forum with an archive bot (archive.org doesn't work last time I checked) and then post the result somewhere on the Internet. As long as humanity survives, the Internet likely will too. And few things on it vanish forever... there are thousands upon thousands of copies of almost every video, image, or other file. I think that's the best way to preserve this forum.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or cast in obsidian...
Pages: 1 [2]