Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sneaky bedroom layouts?  (Read 730 times)

Defensive kobra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
sneaky bedroom layouts?
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:15:58 am »

is it possible to place two beds near eachother, turn both into bedrooms assigned to particular dwarves and adjusting their areas so that they overlap, thus letting you place valuable furniture between them that raise the value or quality of both bedrooms silmuntaineusly? is there any incentive at all to separate the bedrooms of your dwarves? if i have an privately assigned bed within an dormatory, will other dwarves use this private bed?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: sneaky bedroom layouts?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 07:35:04 am »

I assume the wiki has an explanation of how shared room value is split. In most cases you make a loss in value by sharing, although there are some designs that apparently results in a net higher value.

I use shared bedrooms for maritial encouragement purposes, but not otherwise. One reason for using physically separated private bedrooms is that you can then brick in threats (suspected vampires, dangerous tantrumers, etc.).

And please improve the legibility of your posts, at least marginally. Being too lazy to use upper case letters is one thing (I dislike that too, though), but stringing together a pile of questions into a block of essentially un-separated lowercase character words makes it really hard to separate the sentences, in particular if you're trying to locate them again after answering the previous question.