Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten beast in sealed off cavern  (Read 656 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Forgotten beast in sealed off cavern
« on: June 02, 2020, 03:34:31 pm »

Theres a forgotten beast in a sealed off cavern, will it ever leave?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Thon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beast in sealed off cavern
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 04:12:02 pm »

Nope, he likes it there. It will fight to the death with the next one who shows up though.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 05:33:51 pm »

If it is not a flyer and you want to encourage it to move around, you could breed a few small tame animals (kittens, ducks, etc), and use a retracting bridge to dump them into the cavern from above. Then use meeting zones to lure the tame animals near the FB and see what happens.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 02:16:36 am »

FBs never leave, as Thon indicated, regardless of whether it's "sealed off" or not (if it was actually sealed off it couldn't leave, so I assume it means separated from any access to the fortress).

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 09:47:59 am »

If you teach it to swim in magma, it will leave. (Some of the most stubborn ones require a little water too.)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 10:35:56 am »

Let it fight to the death with all the others that will show up.

Last one standing can be taken out by your (presumably) super powered militia after the fort's 100s of years old. Then no forgotten beasts ever again.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.