Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: non advertised aquifers  (Read 683 times)

Defensive kobra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
non advertised aquifers
« on: June 02, 2020, 12:15:23 pm »

i choose an place on the map that had no aquifer, or at least one that mentioned no aquifer and had no blue text, yet for some reason some of the rocks flash blue in designation mode and start to fill up with water, is this a bug or am i just stupid?
Also why will dwarves not use surface boulders for masonry? nothing related to the above question just curious

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: non advertised aquifers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 01:11:17 pm »

Probably because of https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11527.

The "boulders" on the surface are basically 2D sheets, rather than 3D volumes, i.e. the beneath them there is soil, not the rest of the boulder.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: non advertised aquifers
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 01:13:44 pm »

Also some biomes "leak" into adjacent world tiles, since it's not a strict grid.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.