Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Single-grasp and Multi-grasp check not work well  (Read 825 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Single-grasp and Multi-grasp check not work well
« on: May 29, 2020, 10:53:32 am »

I made new weapon two handed axe
That has
minimu size:20000
Two haded size:180000.

But my dwarf(size:60000) can use this weapon with shield like one handed weapon!

Without shield, ok. They use this weapon in multi-grasp.
But with shield, They use this weapon in one hand and shield in another hand.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Single-grasp and Multi-grasp check not work well
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:52:25 pm »

this is a known bug, well kind of a bug. They can use the weapon one handed, but they get penalties for doing so, using it multi-grasp removes those penalties. 

And default AI uniforms will basically always use 1 weapon, and shields in extra grasps (a 4 armed creature will come with 1 weapon and 3 shields)

I think you can get around this by making it so the entity has no access to shields, but I feel they still somehow get their hands on shields.

if you want AI to use them twohanded correctly make the weapon use the PIKE skill

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 05:30:33 pm »

this is a known bug, well kind of a bug. They can use the weapon one handed, but they get penalties for doing so, using it multi-grasp removes those penalties. 

And default AI uniforms will basically always use 1 weapon, and shields in extra grasps (a 4 armed creature will come with 1 weapon and 3 shields)

I think you can get around this by making it so the entity has no access to shields, but I feel they still somehow get their hands on shields.

if you want AI to use them twohanded correctly make the weapon use the PIKE skill

Oh, Pike skill category works well?
Yeah. My civs merchant bodyguard equips 2h axe and shield.  X(

If 2h axe used in pike skill and civ unit is big enough to use 2h axe with one hand, they come with 2h axe with shield?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:41:32 pm by DWARFFRAWD »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:55:35 pm »

Oh, Pike skill category works well?
Yeah. My civs merchant bodyguard equips 2h axe and shield.  X(

If 2h axe used in pike skill and civ unit is big enough to use 2h axe with one hand, they come with 2h axe with shield?

No as PIKE is a generic uniform that doesn't use shields, However if you change your 2h axe to PIKE to avoid this, you'd have dwarven pikemen using the 2h axe, and they won't be used for cutting trees. It's a rough limit to what we can do as modders.

EDIT:
Unless you want to re-categorize the weapon skills into groups which I might do (PIKE being all two handed weapons, HAMMER being the new Axe class or "hacker" type weapons, hammers bein counted as MACE, etc)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 08:57:47 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »