Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stockpile hauling goods from  (Read 929 times)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
stockpile hauling goods from
« on: April 26, 2020, 06:11:16 am »

I do have a furniture stockpile with mixed goods (included coffins )
Need some coffins.

Made a stockpile for allowed coffins only
How to get the coffins to here ? ( i tried , but hauling the coffins from a mixed good stockpile doesn't work )
I think give and take goods to stockpiles only works for  one good stockpiles  ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:18:16 am by janamdo »

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stockpile hauling goods from
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 06:27:10 am »

Interface issues?
"q" and hover over source stockpile. "g" and hover over target stockpile. "Enter" to finalize the deal.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:16:41 am »

Thanks .. i did but nothing happens
Perhaps it was a hauling issue then.

I was aspecting to get from the mixed good piles the coffins to a another only coffin allowed stockpile
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:19:29 am by janamdo »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 09:12:07 am »

Check the <j> Job List.  If your haulers are just being lazy, but you have your stockpiles set up properly, you'll see several "Store Item in Stockpile" jobs listed and likely Inactive. 

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 03:17:42 pm »

Thanks
No action seen on this coffin hauling ..only 3 dorfs busy with this  storing items on other piles
There is no command for "doing now" store this item.. i must wait and see then?   

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 03:27:28 pm »

You could mass forbid everything in the stockpile, claim some coffins, and delete the stockpile.  That should get them queued up.  I believe furniture hauling is what your dwarves need enabled to move the coffins.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 03:12:30 am »

You could mass forbid everything in the stockpile, claim some coffins, and delete the stockpile.  That should get them queued up.  I believe furniture hauling is what your dwarves need enabled to move the coffins.
Thanks
Delete stockpile with all items on it ?

Well, i think a dedicated pile for coffins is most easy , instead of dealing with all piles because it doesn't has succes
Its sometimes the wrong pile assigmnet is made of forget to allow the right items and then the stockpile is filled with wrong items

Strange did a garbage dump on a whole (furniture) pile , but the items are not dumped on the garbage pile ..is this possible?   

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:47:10 am by janamdo »