Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stork meat trade depot  (Read 632 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Stork meat trade depot
« on: April 19, 2020, 11:05:15 pm »

In the job screen for a Build Trade Depot one dwarf is carrying out, the items are listed as peach wood logs... and "stork meat [5]." I have no mods and haven't messed with the raws any (so it's not raw duplication.) What's going on?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Stork meat trade depot
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 02:43:50 am »

Any chance traders also arrived? Seeing "stork meat [5]" makes me suspect that the meat was brought by traders, and appears on the job details due to an attempt to unload goods.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 07:37:57 am »

Possibly. I did just deconstruct the depot while merchants were in it (yay theft), scattering all their goods on the ground.

A few seconds later the stork meat was replaced in the item list with a copper shield, and then the list only showed the three logs.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 11:09:33 am »

The item was probably listed because it was being moved out of the way - when building construction starts, first the components are hauled in, then any other items in the way are moved aside, and only then does the dwarf actually start building it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.