Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Galactic Fortress Sci Fi Mod - Alien Creature Names  (Read 4562 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Galactic Fortress Sci Fi Mod - Alien Creature Names
« on: October 12, 2010, 11:47:25 pm »

Ok so iv been working on the total conversion Sci Fi mod. Im talking everything being Changed none of the old creatures left lurking around. and even implementing a few of the features of my last big release DF perfect.

Such as
Roaming Bandits - Now with energy weapons.
Martial Arts to a less Complex Degree.
Many New Weapons and Creatures.

New Features
Entire New Civs with multiple alien species sharing a Fortress with deferent pop rates.
Lower Stats To make the deaths quicker just like the good old days. also releasing a higher stat limit version
100s of Guns and Exotic Alien Melee weapons.
New conversations and threats Jobs Tools and all around Tune ups.
New Skill System Instead of Sqord and axe skills you rank up in classes each with both Skills in guns and Weapons however each with there own sets such as scavengers, Slavers, Rangers, Dispatchers, collectors, Bounty hunters, Mercs, Assassins, Nomads, UHF Solders, Poachers, Spetz, Thieves, Ghost Agents, InterSpace Spy,
and a Unique Class for every Race such as the Medicon Of the Zeta ((Combat Ready Medic))
Unique World Plot and Lore,
Bandit Leaders,
Grenades.

Keep in mind this world was built for the purpose of a Role Playing Game call the Hero System we have built this world over the passed 2 years and now considering it for other projects such as Comics or Books.

the Idea is called Galactic Forge and I will be Updating as I go farther into the project right now it is not in Beta Stage however expect it in a few months maybe weeks i don't have much of a life and i do this all day so things get done faster then i think they will.

However the Reason for this topic is not to Hype my Upcoming mod but is to ask for help.
you all see i need a little hand I am having troubles coming up with Alien names for creatures I need something a little self explanatory but not to simple.

So far my idea Consists of Looking up the Genus of a animal most clostly related to the creature and applying a somthing before it such as Horned or at the end such as  Hog.

It will most likely Come out as a Horned Sorasudee
http://animals.jrank.org/pages/2566/Pronunciation-Guide-Scientific-Names.html <<<<0 Using this link to help you pronounce the Genus is greatly usfull

however this little technique wont work for much longer I have Long-Jawed Ursidea and Velleped Canine running around but are these self explanatory enough... i mean will peaple have the time to look up each description? I was wondering if anyone here would like to suggest a few names or naming methods.

Also I am looking for sprite artist so far the main Species are all Shown as Letters and all creature symbolized by a Star like this >> * * * << I found the letters of the first name to be encumbering. 
anyway... If a sprite artist would like to collaborate with me I would much appreciate it.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Fortress Sci Fi Mod - Alien Creature Names
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 02:47:22 am »

Also taking suggestions for what the fans want i will try my best to put it in.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 02:46:35 pm »

Just Capped off the Alien Creatures the sci fi mod is on its way soon.

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 02:59:18 pm »

Define 'alien'.
Because to them, you are pretty 'alien' as well.

0leg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 09:36:31 am »

Has anything come out yet
: o )

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 10:56:04 am »

It's been 10 years since this thread was posted. There was a followup thread discussing the mod further, but it was ultimately never released.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!