Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobles: Collect the whole set now!  (Read 880 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Nobles: Collect the whole set now!
« on: July 08, 2008, 08:25:13 am »

At my latest fort, I got myself a nice count / countess consort duo. The countess consort was easy enough to care for, liking cabinets, querns and sterling silver. Her husband however liked no standard, buildable items, and liked tin and yellow zircon, neither of which was on the map.

Naturally, I slowly drove him insane by not designating him any rooms (when even the lowliest peasant had a decent bed), having a detested vermin (roaches :D ) in a cage by the dining room, and generally ignoring him. After he threw himself in the well, all was happy and peaceful for around a year or two.

Then it happened. I got a message Uvash Dorenolor, Countess has arrived, bringing with her a new hammerer (old one died single-handedly saving the fort from speargobs), a philosopher, and another consort, this one male.

Apparently if you kill the count, they replace both parties.

Sooo... now I have 3 count level nobles, and, though I hate to say it, am seriously considering killing the new countess so I can get some more.
With this in mind, I pose the question, has anyone done this before, and if so, how many consorts have you collected?

Edit- Typo
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 09:07:04 am by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Alex Encandar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles: Collect the whole set now!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:03:52 am »

Yeah, this is known to happen. I've had 4 pairs before, think that's my record.
Onolerar (Desert Fort) Map Thread
Hammerwalls (Ocean Fort) Map Thread
Fountaintomb (Aged fort) Map Thread
Earthday (Hazard Fort) Map: Thread: