Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I get error when I use Tilesets on Mac OS X El Capitan!  (Read 764 times)

Ranko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
I get error when I use Tilesets on Mac OS X El Capitan!
« on: March 19, 2020, 07:27:57 am »

I need help playing dwarf fortress with tilesets on my macbook pro 2007 with el capitan os.

I can play DF on windows 7 ultimate 64Bit (same machine) with all the tilesets no problem so hardware is capable. However when I want to play it on the mac os side with tilesets game crashes instantly after command terminal runs some lines. It runs fine without the tilesets tough so I'm thinking maybe mac os can't handle memory or something else maybe transparent pngs I really don't know. If anyone can help me about this I would appreciate.

P.S I tried Lazy Mac Pack and same thing happend  but managed to open curses vector tilesets somehow. If you want additional info i can post it later. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: I get error when I use Tilesets on Mac OS X El Capitan!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 08:06:13 am »

Hey Ranko, can you setup a user mode crash dump? People with access to symbols may be able to check what's up.
I am not a MAC user, is there something similar to Windows Event logs which can show you some info about the crash?

P.S. Is there a place in the internet where you can download an ISO for this OS version without pirating it? I could run it in a virtual machine and check what's up.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository