Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Features of new Steam DF vs Masterwork mod  (Read 2937 times)

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Features of new Steam DF vs Masterwork mod
« on: April 16, 2020, 05:07:38 am »

Can anyone help me understand just what exactly is included in the base game as it will be released on Steam?

I have always used Masterwork because I want access to more interesting weaponry, rune smithing, golems, etc.

When I read about the Steam version it sounds like it contains some features I thought were part of the Masterwork mod. e.g. Book binding etc.

I may have just been mistaken.

Does it have runes? Golems? Guns? Dwarves able to use double handed weapons? Magic system?

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Features of new Steam DF vs Masterwork mod
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 05:22:09 am »

The Steam/itch update concerns only a UI overhaul (better graphics support with an official tileset, reworked interface with mouse support), an official soundtrack, bug fixes and various QoL improvements (like a tutorial), from what I understand. Some of those, the official tileset and soundtrack, will be exclusive to the Steam version, the rest will also be available in DF Classic.

Apart from that, there are no new features planned as far as I know.

Also, book binding is in the game; that's not specific to Masterwork.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Features of new Steam DF vs Masterwork mod
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 04:19:39 pm »

Pretty sure Masterwork will get updated to the new version quickly. Especially as Meph's likely to already know by the time of release what changes are being made to the directory structures to accommodate Steam Workshop (and he'll have a head start on the tileset of course).