Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remove Refugees? - SOLVED  (Read 1395 times)

Jackwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Remove Refugees? - SOLVED
« on: February 27, 2020, 01:55:03 am »

Just started a new adventurer in a tiny little world so I could play around some more in the new update, and I soon learned of an impending army heading towards a town. I decide I could help so I make my way to the town. Upon arriving, I start asking the locals about impending attack and discovered that I can bring them to safety. This seemed like a far more interesting option, evacuate the whole town so when the army arrives there's nothing there but a ghost town. So I spent quite a bit of time tracking down and talking to every citizen, getting them to join me and soon I had an army of 50+ refugees. We ran for the hills as the pillaging began.

This was definitely a mistake, because after arriving in a nearby hamlet, I'm unable to get rid of them! Most of them "Don't have any family to speak of", and the ones that do won't leave when I take them to the town they say they live in. I spent another long time trying to track down one of the family members with no luck.

I'd like to peacefully let them go if I can, and I'd like to not retire this adventurer, still so much to do! Does anyone have any clue how I'm supposed to get rid of these guys?

EDIT - I just figured out how to make people wait, gonna give that a try, if I just make the entire hoard wait in the town and make a run for it, maybe they'll just go about their business?

EDIT - Success! After making my escape, my companions window shows that I am free. I plan to give it some time before returning, perhaps I'll investigate the town that was attacked. hopefully by the time I return they will have returned to normal.

To anyone who wants to get rid of a companion, just start a conversation with them and go to "Ask favor, place request, make demand or issue order", then tell them "wait here" and skedaddle right on outta there.

Also note that asking companions to wait is a great way companions to hold back, perfect for stealthy gameplay. This also works on pets/mounts.

Hope this helps someone
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 02:37:29 am by Jackwick »