Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: System suggestion.  (Read 518 times)

RougeNPS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
System suggestion.
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:01:32 pm »

Scholars have basically no use currently other than creating things to be stolen (By me or Kobolds or Villians.) so, i was thinking that Toady could add a randomly generated system where Scholars who use the Knowledge trait could create inventions based upon their field. They wouldnt do anything but create minor wealth and a nice little item for others to experiment with and learn from. They would gain knowledge in that field quickly by creating an invention. He could add something like an inventors table or tinker's table/workshop that would aid in this.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: System suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 03:27:41 pm »

They already discover topics. These will be used to unlock stuff later.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

RougeNPS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: System suggestion.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:49:59 pm »

Oh. I had no idea that even existed. I was thinking something more like that the Scholars would create proto-types of the items they discover or something similar to that. Instead of just texts. But i may be misunderstanding how this system works at current which is entirely possible.

Thanks for showing me this page though.