Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Hall of Celebrating at Peakfortunes  (Read 1570 times)

TheEqualsE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Hall of Celebrating at Peakfortunes
« on: October 02, 2019, 09:34:46 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/DkTxD5h

Some forts have trained warriors by now.  Some would have many steel items instead of steel bars sitting around not doing anything.  Not this one.  My fortress put most of their first few years efforts into their tavern.

If you're new to the game seeing this fort from the very start might help you with your design ideas.  If you're a veteran of the game you may be entertained by what happens.
Likes cats for their aloofness.

TheEqualsE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Celebrating at Peakfortunes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »

Update: They were not very good at covering their tracks. Unfortunately for them the list of suspects was very short and they were caught easily. Now the question is what to do. I'm already attached to this fort and don't want to lose it because of raiding crashes. On the other hand, a squad of vampire lashers raiding the world around the fort sounds pretty cool.

carnivorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 03:18:04 pm »

You could always save and make backups just before each raid. That way if a raid causes a bug or a crash, you can always switch to the backup and pretend nothing ever happened. Just copy the region folder and give it a suitable name :)

Love the photoalbum - especially the dancefloor! I usually just define mine with statues around the edge. Those giant monarch butterflies though, why is it always the butterflies they take issue with?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 09:30:02 pm »

The non-uniform woods can be set visible in DF with TWBT as well - but it feels like making the dance floor the same on every tile is rather a rejection of the concept.

Also, while in previous versions making military train in the sun was quite nice idea, nowadays the rain can hurt those who don't have traits or values that give resistance to it.

TheEqualsE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 11:48:46 pm »

I'm going to put a glass floor over the training area and some windows in the tavern eventually.  I'm not sure that does anything other than role playing fun.

They also have a way in and out of the tavern without going outside, but they rarely or never use it.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 10:31:08 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/DkTxD5h

Some forts have trained warriors by now.  Some would have many steel items instead of steel bars sitting around not doing anything.  Not this one.  My fortress put most of their first few years efforts into their tavern.

If you're new to the game seeing this fort from the very start might help you with your design ideas.  If you're a veteran of the game you may be entertained by what happens.

"Here is an unhappy dwarf at the starting spot"
Image only contains animals

carnivorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 10:58:48 pm »

It's the new and improved Stealth Dwarf™! Take a look at the back wheel of the wagon, they're hiding :D

TheEqualsE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 12:49:02 am »

Zoom in. To me that looks like one seriously disappointed dwarf.