Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash when embarking on an island in a lake  (Read 2344 times)

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash when embarking on an island in a lake
« on: November 01, 2019, 12:44:10 pm »

I've encountered a crash and was wondering if anyone has seen it before.

if I embark here I crash
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you think it has to do with the nature of the river, flowing from the same lake it flows to, or that the game doesnt know what to do when I embark on an island that is in a world tile that is civ-passable?

Ill add a link to the world in a sec.
The only mods are small:
I add the [AMMO] tag to lead, [FLIER] to dragons, and a few extra secret interactions so there are slabs in the world that do things other than necromancer you.
I also use the Lazy Newb Pack, which includes DFhack, hence the sand indicator.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:12:20 pm by wooks »
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crash when embarking on an island in a lake
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 01:25:03 pm »

It's not an island, as the presence of a river implies the river is flowing through land...
Note, though, that you'll have to build wagon wide bridges over the river or you'll probably miss out on the wagons in caravans, as caravans spawn at embark edges.

However, the main suspect is TwbT, which is known to cause crashing while embarking at a rather high frequency. Disabling TwbT when embarking (by changing print mode to e.g. "standard") allows for embarking, and when that's done you can typically save the fortress, change back to TwbT, and resume the fortress.

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crash when embarking on an island in a lake
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 01:56:14 pm »

Hey, that seemed to work, thanks for the suggestion, I would never have considered that.
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."