Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Overal training information  (Read 575 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Overal training information
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:54:47 am »

I need know about overal training in civ before embark. How do this? In one world I have trolls, ogres and blizzard men, tamed night creatures and other (like jabberer), but have no normal cave pets. In another world I have giant rats and giant bats, but have absolutely no trolls and no tame GCS for silk.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Overal training information
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:03:16 am »

Mostly luck. Historical figures can tame creatures in legends. This relates to where the civ is located and which creatures exist (I think ethics are big too). Longer worlds will have more creatures tamed. Civs start with a basic list which won't change.

Creatures need tameable tokens or they'll never show up on these lists.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 10:55:51 am »

I'm afraid there isn't any such info at least not until you go in the embark screen. You might get an idea of some of the available animals by exporting the world history and checking the civ's population with an external program like Legends Viewer.

The kinds of animals that are or aren't available to embark with are determined by both the civ's raws and the areas that said civ has settled during each specific world gen, depending on which specific tokens the civ has.

edit:typos
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:54:25 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 11:40:56 am »

Note that for trolls in particular, it is determined when the site is placed during worldgen; if you want your dark fortress to have 2,5k trolls and they're absent in cavern, you need to hack in the trolls to the cavern underneath before it is placed in year 0, as year 1+ adds will not work for that fortress in particular (at least going by my experience in 43.03).

If you just want to buy them, Populate.rb could be helpful for you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:43:19 am by Fleeting Frames »