Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Able to get more specific infomation from a site through conversations in adv  (Read 845 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png

In the game you can't really go into a town and talk to the locals about the town's history. I always I wanted to know more about the town like 'In 764 the former lady of this town died, her eldest son succeeded after her death.' or '545 an Army of said Civilization laid siege to our town. We held our ground.' I am kind of surprise there is no way to get these type of information from in-game conversation. I don't really think it's hard to implement since sites have history it's just that we don't have a way to get those information without using 'surrounding areas' which talks about nearby regions and sometimes other civilization's battles but never a more specific information about a site's history.

carlospaul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like this suggestion. I wish you could ask people about anything you hear about, in general.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info

Is that so, I remember getting information about a site when I asked about it? I don't  recall the precise dialog options, but it was, I think, 'ask about person or place'.

That said, the result is a little unpersonal. This is partially because histfigs, when you ask them about things, they just kinda repeat what the entity that governs them knows. Similarly, stories and events aren't connected, making things even more confusing :s
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!