Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help:reaction to fill minecart with liquid  (Read 1110 times)

Bydth

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent RAW editor, adept farming manager.
    • View Profile
Help:reaction to fill minecart with liquid
« on: August 10, 2019, 08:48:39 pm »

So I’m having trouble filling up mine carts with magma (keeps turning to obsidian[988] in the cart) and I was wondering how to make a reaction to fill a (magma-safe?) minecart with magma. I saw a cheat reaction on the wiki to fill a bucket with water, so I think it’s possible, but I know enough about modding to know that replacing every “WATER” with “MAGMA” and every “BUCKET” with “MINECART” will probably bring about a crash or worse. The end goal for this is a reaction that takes a non-economic boulder, a magma-safe minecart, ungodly amounts of fuel,(negated by a magma smelter, so this would only feasible after striking the magma sea) and spits out a minecart with 2 levels of magma. To do this by myself would entail constant trial-and-error with lots of world generating and test embarking, so I’ve decided to ask the bay12 hive mind for advice/suggestions. Any ideas?
Take a look at:
 Accursed Farms, For old/weird/old&weird games and half-life machinima.
Broville v11: For being the most detailed Minecraft city ever.
Zero punctuation: For the roasting of one video game a week, with vulgarity, profanity, and hilarity.
Dwarf fortress: For- oh, oh, nevermind.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Help:reaction to fill minecart with liquid
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 10:06:50 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:FILL_MINECARFT_WITH_MAGMA]
[NAME:fill minecart with magma]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:minecart:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE]???? Reagent material must be solid and stable at temperatures approaching 12000.
Only works with items of type BAR, BLOCKS, BOULDER, WOOD, and ANVIL - all others are considered unsafe.
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:minecart]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:skill here]

add the other reagents you need, but that should do what you need it to.

Bydth

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent RAW editor, adept farming manager.
    • View Profile
Re: Help:reaction to fill minecart with liquid
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 08:06:01 pm »

Many thanks. So that I could use it in my current fort, I took your reaction, grafted it frankenstein_style into the WAX_CRAFTS reaction, (already butchered from my coke-in coke-out axe-training experiment from before I figured out how to encourage sparring), took out the fuel input, and gave it a spin on a copied save. At first, the reaction refused to recognize any minecarts whatsoever, so I took out the [MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE] tag and used preexisting stockpile infrastructure with switched-up links to limit filling to my 16 nickel minecarts. When  filled up, the minecarts created no magma when dumped via track stop, so I replaced the "10" in your reaction with the "833" seen in legitimately filled carts, and then they dumped two levels of magma as Toady/Armok intended. Using two Craft workshops adjacent to the magma channels and mass forbidding to isolate the fill carts for assigning, I've got the system running like clockwork. I've got a magma forge (to train my armorer) a smelter (to melt his steel greaves) and a glass furnace (side project for my mooded weaponsmith), all through a human raid.

I'll also put the below reaction onto the wiki to save others grey hair and chewed-up keyboards. Thanks again for the help.

[REACTION:MAKE_WAX_CRAFTS]
   [NAME:make wax crafts] 
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_W]
   [REAGENT:minecart:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART:NONE:NONE]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:833:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
      [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:minecart]
      [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:SMELT]
Take a look at:
 Accursed Farms, For old/weird/old&weird games and half-life machinima.
Broville v11: For being the most detailed Minecraft city ever.
Zero punctuation: For the roasting of one video game a week, with vulgarity, profanity, and hilarity.
Dwarf fortress: For- oh, oh, nevermind.