Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird tileset issue  (Read 1064 times)

Dastardly Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird tileset issue
« on: August 06, 2019, 02:27:11 pm »

I use the Bitlands tileset, and I've been having a really odd issue where in Adventure mode, some of the tiles periodically change appearance. Then later after walking around a bit, it will go back to normal, but it always comes back after a short period. Have any of you encountered this bug while using a tileset? If so, how do you fix it? I really don't want to have to stop using my favorite tileset.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it seems that the tiles that are mixed up are the same as the tiles that appear in the z-level minimap thing. I'm not sure if that means anything.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:33:28 pm by Dastardly Jack »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Weird tileset issue
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:21:06 am »

It's a twbt bug. Type "twbt refresh_all 1" into dfhack to fix it. It redraws all tiles at every tick, which might be a bit much for df and might cause fps slowdown (even crashes rarely), so test it a bit. You can turn it off with the same command, just with a 0 instead of a 1.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dastardly Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:48:04 pm »

Thanks much for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do anything for me, except slow the game down slightly as you said. The problem persists.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 02:40:20 pm »

In that case those tiles might be noises, footprints, smells, glowing eyes, indicators... All things that Twbt can't override. I don't think that there will be a fix possible atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::