Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dump zone mechanics  (Read 1125 times)

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dump zone mechanics
« on: July 24, 2019, 04:58:09 pm »

If you have multiple zones with Garbage Dump enabled, which one is used? Nearest to the item to be dumped? Nearest to the dwarf when he is assigned the job? Magic?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Dump zone mechanics
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 06:52:38 pm »

It works like this... when you mark the item for 'D'umping, the item is assigned to the nearest existing dump zone. So you should always create the dump zone, then mark the items for 'D'umping.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:37:06 am »

Also note that dumping is a very low priority task and that items set for dumping are not all tasked in the task manager (they can come and go there), so there's no in-game way to know when everything you've tasked for dumping has finally been hauled away.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 12:01:23 am »

Not quite true. You can use the mass dump/undump commands to check the area for anything highlighted in purple, or you can check the item stocks for dump flags.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 01:05:22 am »

Good points.