Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ultimate masochism, Undersea fort, No stone only wood and no ice in winter  (Read 1065 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile

Catalog of masochism in progress:
I decided to make life a whole of a lot more difficult just for the heck of it as a lot of people claim you cannot build a fort on top of the sea without ice during winter or stone for mechanisms.
So here I go, No Stone, only wood for now and I have 3 layers of ocean to pierce, correctly I am at my first ocean layer.
Dear dairy, the Date is 2-10-03, the start of winter, even the other dwarf claimed I am crazy,so I decided to try and prove otherwise, As I was told there are riches below the earth crust underneath the ocean.
The platform is going smoothly for now, a 33x33 space that separates the ocean via wooden walls below the platform.
My main worry is that we are running out of wood for the layers below, but as we stack 4 pumps and attach 2 windmills above on each side with space in between for stairs to get down to build the walls to separate the ocean at the next ocean layer we will need to deal with a space of 28x28 before the last layer of the ocean.
I still dont know if I will need to stack pumps to drain to the initial layer but I can only hope a Trading caravan will come soon because I am tired of all the chickens around the platform, Feathers everywhere I swear! how can a dwarf fish with that kind of distraction?
will keep you posted,
~Entery #1, end.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Showcase of masochism:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:18:26 pm by Lioneez »

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile

Nevermind, there was ice at mid winter, the game trolls me I swear... this is like the 5th time I tried it before it suddenly froze in a Hot area.