Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sites wont be razed  (Read 1590 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Sites wont be razed
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:02:41 pm »

For some reason when I kill everyone in a site while razing the site will never be abandoned. It will always be <10 population and I can just steal things with nobody attacking me. I've modded the game but is this a known bug?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sites wont be razed
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 05:30:53 am »

It should be possible to depopulate and raze a site. I did that many times. Dark pits. Hillocks. Even a couple of fortresses.

However the listed population is not the entire population. Pets do not count. Even if the "pets" are trolls.

In a vanilla game you can in theory slay hundreds of trolls and still have not killed a population <10. In a modded game you might have changed a race to a pet type.

All normal sites should be able to be razed. I'm not sure if this also will work with bandit camps or kobold caves.

You could make a copy of the save file and retire it, to investigate with an adventurer what actually lives at that site.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Sites wont be razed
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 11:20:23 am »

Ok so as far as I can tell its because there are about 20 outcast succubi just chilling. What are outcasts? They're bandits right?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.