Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speed  (Read 804 times)

Lher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Speed
« on: September 30, 2019, 10:25:29 pm »

I don't think this is something so simple to use search function for, so.

One thing I realized when playing in Adventure Mode, years ago, when I playing the game (wasn't busy with some online ones), is that, apparently, character combat wasn't functioning ideally, which was frustrating for the gameplay...
It's simple. It's that (if my memory is correct) an arm injury should not affect the movement speed of the character. The thing is, that apparently, there was only one form of speed, and any injury would affect it...
The first character to get an injury would then be put into some significant disadvantage.

So, ideally, an arm injury would only affect the *swing* speed. Leg injury would affect walk (movement) speed, but not the swing's.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speed
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 10:57:48 pm »

Weren't movement and combat speed separated several years ago? Or is this some other issue?

Lher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 12:03:57 am »

I must've played version 42 or so, the time I thought about the speed.

So, would an arm or even leg injury, result in a character taking 3 hits before he lands his own hit, when in the beginning of a fight it was equal?
I suppose it'd be reasonable if it's the injured arm being used.
If it's the arm that's hurt, and it decreases the speed of a bite attack, though, then yeah.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 01:04:09 am »

I suppose it is the windedness you get from pain/blood loss. Since 0.42 I'm pretty sure we've had some combat updates though, such as pain being proportional to the body size (people don't pass out from breaking a toe), and damage on the extremities spreading to connected body parts (a FB slaps your finger => your entire arm might twist off; people break their necks if you bash them hard enough in the heads).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 08:20:38 pm »

0.40.01 was the version that separated combat and movement speed, for posterity.