Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblins and their leader  (Read 1908 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins and their leader
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 01:21:08 pm »

I'm calling this a bug. It seems that asking them to surrender will result in instant capitulation, whereupon the master of the place is simply executed.

I feel like if that's the case I should be able to defeat them militarily as well.

Best report it then. Probably the power discrepancy is overwhelmingly in your favour, but the strategic one isn't and the battle mostly considers the strategic advantage given by the respective abilities of the generals.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 12:56:39 pm »

I'm calling this a bug. It seems that asking them to surrender will result in instant capitulation, whereupon the master of the place is simply executed.

I feel like if that's the case I should be able to defeat them militarily as well.

Best report it then. Probably the power discrepancy is overwhelmingly in your favour, but the strategic one isn't and the battle mostly considers the strategic advantage given by the respective abilities of the generals.

I sort of freaked out and saved past that point though, so I do not have a save to present, unfortunately.

Honestly I expect it's less of a bug and more of a "this system will be expanded upon and ironed out in later updates" sort of thing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 01:06:14 pm »

Call me salty, but Elves are unbeatable, you have to fight 10,000 animals before you fight the >10 immortal elf final bosses, plus all the animals are apparently boosted by tactics or something because again tactics dont mean a lot for your troops who in the best terms probably wont survive. Lead by immortal warrior princesses who often amass the most tactics of any character in that game-world.

Only reliable way to tackle it is to steal animals from under it and try to put up a valiant effort to raze the place so it can't replenish. In fortress mode they just go splat or fall into my cage traps so the disparity is a little bit gobsmacking.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 01:11:04 pm »

I've also run into that with goblins when they have a fat pile of beak dogs and ogres and such.

Never mind that my army can kill 200 of them with impunity, the tactics system says we lose instantly. HOWEVER I've also had success with getting them to surrender in that state. Seems it does not count animals for surrender weights, only combat.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]