Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just a Town IC: Kobold Attack!  (Read 1895 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Just a Town IC
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 07:12:36 pm »

Maple buys the sourdough and takes a bite! Hunlif receives compliments and they talk about vegetables. Maple makes a list of herbs and fruits he is looking for:
- ginger
- marijuana
- pepper
- opium poppy
- guava
- lime
- marshmallow

"Come by anytime and I can show you what the herbs I'm looking for look like."

"Oh and of course, I want decapitated animal heads to exorcise demons! I know a good recipe. Let me know the next time you're slaughtering and I'll come buy your brains," Maple offers with a fascinated grin.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 08:55:32 pm »

"Oh certainly, Hunlif! I appreciate your hospitality, and I'll be come over this evening. I just need to wrap up some work."

Fodge returns hastily to his cramped office and pushes the papers off his desk, nearly spilling an inkwell. He leaves a flat iron to heat on the stove as he searches for his least-shabby pair of pants. Oh, he's going to need a sewing kit.

Three hours later, Fodge waits outside of Hunlif's stone abode in his fully-pressed outfit, thinking of what to say. Wait, he forgot the records scroll! Oh well.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 02:04:40 am »

I’m afraid I can’t get my hands on all of those, ah, herbs, but I can do my best for most of them. I shouldn’t be slaughtering pigs ‘till spring, but I might end uo with a Chicken head before then, you never know.
After packing up his stall and things,  he takes the nirth east road up to the hills. He arrives at his house, and lets Fodge in.
The house is small, cosy, and warm. It has a large hearth, over which a bubbling pot of stew is suspended by iron hooks. There is a door into his bedchambers, and a window overlooking the hills, with the rest of the village laid out in the near distance. In the middle of the room is a table, with a chair and some benches. Hipunlif offers Fodge a chair, brought out from his room, to sit on, as he pours out piping hot stew into bowls, garnished with some herbs, and served with a small hunk of bread each.
May I ask, are you the person who founded the Village? I can’t remember how long ago it was now, it didn’t seem important at the time. And, if I may ask, what made you make the dipescision to come here at all?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 12:50:29 am »

Fodge takes sips of stew in between sentences.

"I did not found this village, but I was one of its first residents. I came here to collect taxes one day, and just never left. Cause you know, someone needs to do it. Taxes are the mark of all developed civilizations. In some sense,  I suppose I am a founding member."

"Heh! So tell me that taxman story you promised."

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 02:07:19 am »

It’s an od story... When Dwarven farms bexome incorporated into growing Human towns, they often get angry at the new laws and taxes that they have to follow and provide on top of their old ones. This old one comes from the Clan Bronzebeard, who had a large Human City built nearby it’s front gates. The story went that the Taxman had been the one to found the place, so he could get taxes from the local Dwarves, since he thought that Dwarves were all rich. Well, one of the Dwarf families in the area was being taxed harder than the others, and they decided to do omething about it, since the Clan itself had it’s hand tied by Politics and such.
The family invited the tax collector into Dinner, offered him the best food, the chair at the head of the table, and they talked and laughed together. And just when he was about to go, they pulled a hidden switch, and a trapdoor opened under the tax colector, revealing that the house had been built on a well. He fell down, and hit the bottom with a splash. The Dwarves had a feast of their own that night, so they did! But what they didn’t think to do was close the trapdoor. And that night, as they were all sleeping, the Tax collector climbed out, grabbed a kitchen knife and killed ‘em all.
It’s nkt a very good story, but my old Father would never shut up about it. Dwarf parents would scare their children with it to remember to close the well every evening. Anyway, there was something else I wanted to say to you, but it’s slipped my mind...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 10:47:52 am »

"Heh-heh. What a... ridiculous story!"

Fodge hurriedly finishes his stew.

"Well, my dear dwarf, would you look at the time. I really must leave before it gets any darker!"

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 06:02:59 pm »

With night fast approaching, Fenrir, gathers up his (like 5) comrades in a loosely organized militia, using old rusty weapons, and prepares to keep a watchful eye on the town, protecting it against beasts.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 01:07:20 am »

"Not again!" thinks Fodge on his way out, "Yet he is but one man! In a nicer place like this, his hostility is the exception."

In the gray dusk, he sees a small group wielding torches and weapons. He takes two quick steps back inside before he realizes they are just the watchmen.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:55:28 am by Pavellius »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 01:54:43 am »

Are you going so- hang on you didn- bu your food is- oh, nevermind, he’s gone.
Hmm...

Imic goes back inside and cleans up the bowls and plates and utensils scattared around. He heppleavss them all in the wassh basin to soak when he’s done. Then he heads to the stables, makes sure the animals are safe, and locks up the house, finally heading for bed.

On a hill a little ways outside of town, overshadowed by mountains in the near distance, a long, wispy trik of smoke leaves the chimney of the dugout home. Far below, in the fields and sarse woodland far below, the Village sleeps.
Mostly.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2019, 03:58:44 am »

With night fast approaching, Fenrir, gathers up his (like 5) comrades in a loosely organized militia, using old rusty weapons, and prepares to keep a watchful eye on the town, protecting it against beasts.
The town is attacked by a lone kobold!
Spoiler: 1d6 = (2) (click to show/hide)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Town IC: Kobold Attack!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:01 pm »

Skulker! Protect the Horde! Odin damn it! Better chase after that bastard, This town will not be robbed on my watch!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2019, 09:10:35 pm »

Doctor Maple tries to ignore the noisy clamor and go back to sleep.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 09:21:36 pm »

Rosewood is meditating on a hill, smoking a pipe when he hears distant screaming. His mind torn back to the present time, he sees the town below is ablaze! A kobold army has over run the streets!

He begins to cast a spell. A great dragon rises, the burning illusion flies over the town. Some invaders flee, but most do not.

How could this happen? He was ahead of the darkness, he thought. Wasn't this the town of light? Had his premonition been incorrect...again?

With a heavy heart the wizard turned his back. Not for the first time.

"I can only help those, whom help themselves."
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.
Pages: 1 [2]