Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Things that made you facepalm today  (Read 3664 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you facepalm today
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 05:46:56 am »

I woke up. Also ptw
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 01:07:38 pm »

Was building a computer for someone and removing the protective cap on the CPU socket.  I bungled that and managed to rake my thumb across the pins and even bent one.  Cue dread that I'd damaged the socket while I'm using the smallest screwdriver I can find to bend it back into shape.

Everything booted up fine in the end and it seems fine, but only after I also messed up installing the heat sink, which would have fallen off if I didn't check it first, and after mangling one of the external 5.25" bays trying to get the shield off.

I used to be pretty good at putting computers together.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 01:58:16 pm »

Was building a computer for someone and removing the protective cap on the CPU socket.  I bungled that and managed to rake my thumb across the pins and even bent one.  Cue dread that I'd damaged the socket while I'm using the smallest screwdriver I can find to bend it back into shape.

Everything booted up fine in the end and it seems fine, but only after I also messed up installing the heat sink, which would have fallen off if I didn't check it first, and after mangling one of the external 5.25" bays trying to get the shield off.

I used to be pretty good at putting computers together.

Also it took me four hours to put together a fairly standard computer on my comeback computer-building tour. I;d been out of that game for... huh, 4 years at the time.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]