Poll

Rewrite

Post it here
- 0 (0%)
Give it it's own topic
- 3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Color Control (Rewrite posting poll)  (Read 6220 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control (4/5)
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:07 pm »

Turn 4:
Tribe: Judicators of White
Gold: 19.1
Green: 5.3
Black: 0
White: 88.9
Red: 16

Research Ultraviolet.
You finish researching Ultraviolet. Turns out that ultraviolet is a bad color, it takes 1 point of every color every turn, except black, and 50% of it goes to black every turn., worst part is it is passive. Your research has given you 10 points of ultraviolet.
Ultraviolet: 10+4;  Gold: +7.5;  Green: -3;  White: +4.3;

Tribe: The Lifekeepers; Forest Folk
Gold: 3.3
Green: 119.1
White: 9.2
Red: 1
Blue: 10

Research Yellow
White heat, so far away. a light so gentle. Yellow Flows to both Green and White, as White from so far away flows back into Yellow. Pushing back the Darkness, the Black, simply through it's own existence. Alone though, Yellow does nothing but weaken Red under it's light, heating and weakening those without Blue as they march to their dooms..

You begin researching Yellow.
Yellow Research: 4/10; Gold: +0.9;  Green: +14.2;  White: +0.5;  Blue: +2.5;

Name: The Masked Ghouls
Gold: 20.6
Green: 50
Black: 30
White: 26.6
Red: 16.5
Dark Red: 4.5

Research Gray - Feeds off Gold, is assisted by Red - Acts as Red when attacked but not when attacking.

You outright research Grey. Grey is a protective color, for 1 point of gold and red you get 1 grey, this is active. In battle grey is taken before red. Grey will take 1 gold for every 25. Your research has given you 10.
Grey: 10;  Gold: +2.3;  Green: +3.6;  Black: -3;  White: +5.5;  Red: +1.1; Dark Red: -1.1

The Golden Armada sit back and waits
Gold: 11.4
Green: 93.1+8.7
Black: 2-0.5
White: 10.5+0.5
Red: 8
Brown Research: 4/10

The Red Warrior Tribe has mysteriously disappeared, historians will look back on this day and wonder, "Where did they go."

The mound has gained 3.5; current: 7.5;
The ground increased by 6.5; current: 99,980.5;

Ultraviolet and Grey are now easier for everyone to research. The scholars tell us that research is going to be harder if not impossible soon. It has also been discovered that Green can be taken directly from the ground on 1 white for a ground.

Once you get a color that is a blackhole color, like ultraviolet, it is next to impossible to get ride of it.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control (4/5) - Turn 4
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2019, 04:04:34 pm »

Extremely unfortunate. A Cthonic color of dark whispers.

Whelp, nothing for it. As a zealous paladin sort, it's all I can do.

Tribe: Judicators of White
Gold: 26.6
Green: 2.3
White: 93.2
Red: 16
Ultraviolet: 14

Research Ultraviolet.

Purge half the White to deal with eliminate all whispers of Ultraviolet and its knowledge. Use all available red, for killing, and gold, for rooting out any who have anything to do with Ultraviolet.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2019, 04:10:08 pm »

I am going to tell you right now that what you are doing will just make it worse, as I said in the update:
Quote from: Update
Once you get a color that is a blackhole color, like ultraviolet, it is next to impossible to get ride of it.

I will let you change your action if you wish.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2019, 04:18:45 pm »

A pity, it was a fun game. I'm not playing hypocritical paladin zealots literally doing worse than everyone else combined, or tantruming fallen paladins wrecking the game for everyone else.

Purge the ENTIRE tribe (and drop out.)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2019, 04:27:45 pm »

Considering that 3 people are/have pulled out of the game I am going to work on a rewrite of this and start over. Any changes that you think would be good let me know. I should be done with the rewrite later this week, hopefully.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2019, 04:32:03 pm »

am sad
I think that the colors were a great idea, as well as the cross-fade between them. However, that can quickly turn into a tangle of chaos. A bit esoteric in how the colors were at the start, not much of a good idea there. Discovery of things + things = more things is fun, but start with some basics unlocked.

Might have more stuff to post, maybe.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:34:48 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2019, 04:37:20 pm »

The start was too imbalanced, 1 White was worth way more than 1 Gold, and it was really pretty cheap to get 50 Green from the Ground. I'd suggest having a few GM-balanced starts to choose from instead, perhaps giving some a bonus starting tech or trait.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2019, 07:06:08 pm »

How does this look for starting color stuff:
Quote from: work in progress start
Choose a basic starter pack for colors:
Money: 40 gold, 10 green, 10 white
Food: 40 green, 20 white
Military: 10 gold, 10 green, 10 white, 30 red
Population: 20 green, 40 white
Corpses: 5 gold, 10 green, 30 black, 10 white, 5 red

or an intermediate stater pack for colors:
Focus: 60 points in the color of you choice
Double Trouble: 30 points each in two colors of your choice
Triples: 20 points each in three colors of your choice
Mostly Enough: 15 points each in all but one color of your choice
Just in Case: 12 points in all five colors

or an advanced start:
distribute 60 points among the 5 colors as you choose

Basic starter packs are balanced, intermediate starter packs are not balanced, and an advanced start is not for dedicated players.

Also I have foci ready.

Give me your thoughts.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2019, 07:56:13 pm »

But they're not balanced, with these rules. A White focus forces an immediate draw from green (leaving that green stronger than a green focused player, with a cost that's split between everyone), and a turn 1 Raise Red action results in 6 (or 9?) red for safety, and they'll quickly get more Gold than most of those other options. (It wasn't real clear what Gold was good for, I admit so someone might be able to do good things with that with these rules). It's only vulnerable to an early rush by a military option, which usually doesn't happen in these games.

White is just so important, creating Gold and Red, plus extra actions. Green is needed later, or could be used for pumping up White growth early on. Red's nice as a deterrent, but focusing on that for raiding is bad for reputation/diplomacy, and nobody wants to let a raider get strong.

Gold might work better if it's more stable, and either makes money, or is just used as a force of economy that's semi-independent from population. Say, if Gold passively improves research actions, or increases the efficiency of raising a color. I'm imagining the difference between a nomadic trader tribe, and a town of subsistence farmers.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2019, 08:13:15 pm »

I have decreased the amount of increase green gives white, by a lot. Drawing green now only pulls the bear minimum. I also said that intermediate packs are not balanced. White will not give you extra actions, that will be based on something else. Gold will have more uses and white will not give as much gold as before.

I thank you for your input and will change accordingly.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2019, 03:58:50 am »

You know, a map would solve most of the problems of early rushes, simply by placing the tribes in the fairest position relative to other tribes.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2019, 12:14:51 am »

Well I am just about done with the rewrite(most colors aren't done but will work on them as the game progresses and is needed). My question is should I post the rewrite here or in it's own new topic?

Also I have a map TankKit.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control (Rewrite posting poll)
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2019, 07:22:14 am »

new post
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]