Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ghost question  (Read 1195 times)

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ghost question
« on: December 13, 2018, 10:23:49 am »

There are some spooky stuff going on with ghosts in my fort.
I got message
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There have been several deaths recently so I just assume that I haven't memorialized all dead dwarf, but then I found this coffin
Inspecting the ghost in question we see that his grievances comes from not being properly memorialized.
If I remember correctly you need to put only one body part in coffin to properly memorialized dwarf. Has it changed?
Also, there are trolls who are actively destroying coffins that are not protected by fort walls but I don't see how that would disturb dwarf who was peacefully sleeping deep inside my fort, maybe bug?

blister_pack

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil biome package of hairy goodies.
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:54:35 am »

The fact that the given tomb is assigned to given owner doesn't automatically mean that the assigned corpse is inside the coffin in question. Check with (t) wether the coffin indeed contains any body part of the fallen creature. The chances are that the corpse still awaits the completion of corresponding hauling job and the coffin is in fact empty (albeit assigned and owned).

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 11:10:03 am »

Indeed, tomb is empty. Thanks for filling gaps in my knowledge about DF!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 01:47:31 pm »

If the corpse was not consumed in fire or magma, you will be able to find it in the Stocks menu in the Corpses section. It might be inaccessible (underwater or in a tree).
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 02:51:52 am »

If the corpse was not consumed in fire or magma, you will be able to find it in the Stocks menu in the Corpses section. It might be inaccessible (underwater or in a tree).
...or forbidden, or outside your burrows, or encased in ice...

OmahaMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 01:23:17 pm »

If the corpse was not consumed in fire or magma...

Ah yes, the ole' Urist McNosey has not been seen in over a week.

"Well, I guess it's time to engrave a slab."

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 07:18:00 am »

Found the body. He was buried in my old cemetery, but trolls got in and destroyed his tomb. I guess because he was designated for one of the new empty coffins he became howling spirit not murderous ghost, lucky me. Unfortunatly there are 23 coffins in troll infested old cemetery. Time to start slab production.