Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [HELP] I haven't played in a couple of monthes. And i'm having issues with civs.  (Read 894 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile

I decided to make a new civilization and start playing it yesterday. But I seem to have made a bug in the civ's ethics? When the game tries to create a new world it crashes and prints this in the errorlog.

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized Ethic Response Token:  PUNISH_REPRIMAND
Unrecognized Ethic Response Token:  PUNISH_SERIOUS

Here is the link to the entity_default file https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xvqtgbyxooi8ld/entity_default.txt?dl=0. I think this is because Toady changed the way Entities work. Sorry if the answer is really obvious. The only civ with any issues is the ARACHNE civ.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
[ETHIC:THEFT: PUNISH_SERIOUS]
Are you sure the problem isn't the tab/space in the middle of the tag here?
For PUNISH_REPRIMAND, there is probably a similar occurrence somewhere in your file.

AFAIK, nothing got changed about the ethics for a long, long time, and I don't get any errors with custom civs using these tokens.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile

Yeah I think thats the issue. Thank you! Now I just need to figure out why my game is crashing without leaving an errorlog.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I think thats the issue. Thank you! Now I just need to figure out why my game is crashing without leaving an errorlog.

Posting the entire raws in
Code: ("optional name) [Select]
and in a spoiler tag if its particularly large would help, as nuances with positions particularly with [CHAT_WORTHY] causes crashes despite being a valid tag when put in particular places, or the use of [RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] in playable civs.

Though if there was a issue it'd usually just say normally, those are the two only i can think of right now that wouldn't spit out errors related to entity.txt for technically being right.