Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: surnames  (Read 574 times)

Shweebish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
surnames
« on: December 10, 2018, 06:25:45 am »

This has probably already been mentioned, but it is troubling to me how all the dwarven children and families have completely different last names.  Is there any plans to have families / clans share surnames and occasionally change them as history progresses?   Someone turns evil villain and changes their name, has a falling out in a fortress or suffers great shame and changes their name, gets stupid drunk or suffers head injury and forgets their name?  or some other dwarfy reason.

Really Im surprised I havent seen this mentioned before, am I the only one struggling to keep track of families?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:36:21 am by Shweebish »

erlz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: surnames
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 02:56:15 pm »

This has probably already been mentioned, but it is troubling to me how all the dwarven children and families have completely different last names.  Is there any plans to have families / clans share surnames and occasionally change them as history progresses?   Someone turns evil villain and changes their name, has a falling out in a fortress or suffers great shame and changes their name, gets stupid drunk or suffers head injury and forgets their name?  or some other dwarfy reason.

Really Im surprised I havent seen this mentioned before, am I the only one struggling to keep track of families?

This might interest you: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170319.0