Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ALBEOM: contains demons [SG?!]  (Read 645 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
ALBEOM: contains demons [SG?!]
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:27:33 pm »

Hmm?

You are startled from your rest when you suddenly fall backwards, through a suddenly widening linkage. Panic grips you as you fall backwards, away from the world and into the... other one.
It's-

o̷͏̲̬͎̯͓͙͉͙̟̀h̶́͟͏͕̻̰̟̗̣̣̯̘̤͎̗̤̰̘ͅ ̵͇̺̺̺̗̭̪̪͎̘͙͖͎̯̝̬̕͢f҉̗͉͕͕̭̼͖̝̮̻̮̣̰͓̗͠ͅu̴̧̲͍͖̺̺͇̟͈̮̙̤ͅc̸͜҉̩̗̦̞͕̙̦̟͔̫͍ḱ̡̺̣̫͠

Abruptly you realize that you don't remember what you are. Or what just happened, really. It's like you were resting one moment, and here the next. You're not sure what "here" is either, but you can smell some other objects. They smell like you.

And you can see...

The Alpha

ALPHA is an object, a creature... a... human?
Hmm. A Human is an organism comprised of physical... no, made of many individual... muscle and bone, pumping blood, nervous electrical system... thought? A soul, with fears and hopes and boundless neurosis.
Apparently.

This specimen is fairly tall for its age, and thin. Its hair is dark, nearly blackened. Grey, but not from the outside. Balding, but again not from the outside. You look into its eyes, which dart around the room.
The room. Mostly filled with heavy machines and cables, which you cannot discern the purpose of. Clean and reflective, but not too much. Less clean; an inert human lays on the floor, rendered inoperative by a wound which pierced its eye and brain. Blood seeps from the wound and spreads across the tiled floor.
It would seem that this killing blow was struck by ALPHA, as it holds a short wooden spike in its hand. The other hand firmly grips a third human by the neck, this one is operative... alive.

ALPHA stares at the alive human. A few moments later, ALPHA releases its grip and stumbles back a few steps. ALPHA makes some sounds from its mouth.
"I am not in control.  Run, please."

The other human stays still for a moment, processing? Then it produces a sound as well.
"FUCK! Cole, stay right here!"
It moves slightly clumsily to the hallway door, opens it, and moves down the hall, out of sight. The door remains open.

From where ALPHA is standing, you can see parts of the two rooms farther up and down the hall. They appear to be the same as this room, without the machinery.

Spoiler: ALPHA (click to show/hide)

The Beta

BETA is in a superficially similar position to ALPHA, though darker and less... tidy. A cubicle comprised of thin prefab walls, with a curtain acting as entranceway to the "hallway". There's no ceiling to the room. Much of the room is filled with machinery, which presumably has a similar role to the machinery in ALPHA's room. Despite being more primitive.
BETA is also a human, around the same age as ALPHA. It seems fairly fit, and calm. Its greenish grey eyes observe the room carefully for a moment before moving on.
"Now what do I do about you?"

The object of BETA's focus is a dead human body crumpled on the floor, apparently killed by blunt force from the wrench on the floor, which is covered in a spattering of human blood and other human components. Beta apprehensively kneels over the corpse and searches its clothing.

"A bit forward of me, I know, but I'm sure you won't mind if I took a look."

Spoiler: BETA (click to show/hide)

The Omega

The OMEGA seems a little different. A younger human, wiry, its hair cut short and its eyes amber. It sits crouched within yet another machine, but not the same sort of machine. Clearly a weapon of war. It sits in the morning sun, on a bed of glittering emerald sand.

Within the machine, along with OMEGA, is another three human corpses. These ones appear to have been killed by a blade to the neck in their sleep.

Presently, OMEGA seems to be pressing some buttons inside the machine. In response several lights inside the machine change to a more red color, and there's some beeping. Somewhere above OMEGA's head, electrical coils start charging.

Spoiler: OMEGA (click to show/hide)

((It's a perfectly normal Suggestion Game probably.

There are three player characters; ALPHA, BETA, and OMEGA. You can communicate with any of them by putting [ALPHA], [BETA], or [OMEGA] in your post.
Bolded text will be interpreted as a command, any other text will just be a suggestion or comment.
Any text in ((double parentheses)) cannot be heard by the characters and can be safely used to communicate with each other.
It would be appreciated if you picked a unique text color for your demon so that it has an identifiable voice. If you don't pick one, I'll pick one for you.

There are other ways in which you can interact with the world, but you are not yet strong enough to utilize those methods.))

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: ALBEOM: contains demons [SG?!]
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 12:14:26 am »

[BETA]

"Condition: Injured. Possessions: Blunt weapon. Garment. Blood. Blood covered weapon. Blood covered garment.

Theory: Being BETA engaged in combat against unknown being. BETA succeeded, as evidenced by nearby corpse.

Problem: Combat expenditure=costly. Cost=Wounds, Energy spent, Time Spent. Need to recover energy. Need to recover wounds. Recovery mandates resources.

Solution: CONSUME NEARBY RESOURCES"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:39:56 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 02:28:32 am »

[ALPHA]

Find some clothes, go out on the streets and mingle.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 05:33:34 am »

[Omega]
Fire at whatever your going to fire at, then we should probably get out of here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?