Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Personality by Civilization  (Read 557 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Personality by Civilization
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:15:16 pm »

Heya folks, quick question: has anyone else had an experience where certain personality traits are more/less present in a certain civilization?

I wanted to start with a perfectionist, but I seem utterly unable to roll one in this civ, but they come up fairly commonly in another. Could be a coincidence, I suppose.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personality by Civilization
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:29:28 pm »

All the personality facets are dished out both individually in the raw of the entity (you can give anything any property innately, like how goblins get very very angry, or dwarves are immoderate & greedy) and the values of the civilisation screen (which humans have at random).

Because of how it works, unless there is biased values 100 perfectionism is out of the range of both the individual and impartial civilization it  comes from and makes it more rare to get a anomaly in the particular way you desire. What civilisation particularly are you trying to roll a adventurer from?

Elves are innately very materialistic which is juxtaposed by their simple lifestyles with magic wood and preserving nature, so if you took a elf out of the woods and bred a second generation elf in a mountainhome, they're still going to be a trash hoarder for shiny things they like being a need that constantly is being refilled as they fill up cabinets & boxes, but will adopt dwarven mantra's and personality norms typically where it doesn't overlap personally with cratftmanship, justice and honor etc. ((they'll also grow thick long beards like regular dwarves as a side effect and this can happen at birth))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:31:05 pm by FantasticDorf »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Personality by Civilization
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 03:45:48 pm »

Actually it's fort mode, so it's just a dwarven civ. Decided I wanted the one with the cool name but noticed it had a way lower incidence of perfectionism.

I did get one eventually.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0