Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to keep my dwarves happy  (Read 777 times)

mason531

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to keep my dwarves happy
« on: October 18, 2018, 07:08:20 am »

my dwarves keep getting mad and killing other dwarves its annoying but don't know what to do lol

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to keep my dwarves happy
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:22:09 am »

Question may be, "Do i have all the stuff to fufill the range of needs a dwarf have"

Sometimes you just can't though because the needs are complex or the means to access them are bugged (like flawed relationships that happen at the moment not forming correctly)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to keep my dwarves happy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:29:29 am »

Having a leader who is good at talking (so probably has no other job) can help them when they're unhappy.

Having a wide variety of food and drink is important now, because quality doesn't control how much a dwarf likes a meal, it's ingredients.

Plenty of time to party and socialize helps, especially if there are statues/full cages/a waterfall nearby.

Most dwarves want to be creative, so they'll get upset if they aren't assigned to create something. They also get upset by not being able to acquire things. Maybe start a clothing industry? Also, have a dwarf make mugs or cups if you haven't already. And cabinets and chests for them to store all of their stuff in. Some of those names are different depending on the material, so check the wiki.

You can check why a particular dwarf is upset by looking at them, and going to (I think) preferences.