Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone else notice semi-constant showers of teeth? (Vanilla, newest)  (Read 2347 times)

Tinnucorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else notice semi-constant showers of teeth? (Vanilla, newest)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 05:44:18 pm »

I know this is fortress mode discussion but it should be noted how hard is to maintain the teeth as an adventurer. I mean we are lucky for teeth not being actually needed for eating, or the number one death cause of succesful adventures would be inanition.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 01:44:05 am »

Y'know this was a point of contention in a suggestion thread, but it really does seem like teeth are being targeted way more often than they used to be.

On one hand, it's a good thing cause it disables biting attacks. Which my dwarves also seem strangely fond of on a consistent basis. On the other, everyone gets freaked out when an invader or troll's teeth stuck in a tree on some low branches.

Actually, speaking of that, has anyone else had dwarves become weirdly fond of biting things across multiple forts? Every one of my forts has bite-happy dwarves for some strange reason.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 02:43:24 am »

Corpse bits have recently undergone a horror differentiation process, so who the corpse was formerly matters, and the gruesomeness of the bits matters as well, so teeth of goblin invaders now only scare the most sensitive dorfs (and they're probably bound for madness or exile regardless of what you do).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 03:04:30 am »

Yeah, I've gone and modded my dwarves to have greater resistance to stress just because of battlefield clean up - I have to have the worst luck ever in regards to most dwarves, cause they seemed erm, average below average stress resistance for my forts, plus there's that whole "pile up" issue from multiple dead things, cause before I did that even just the uneasy thought would cause problems due to sheer numbers.

Plus teeth being everywhere seems like my soldiers - armed mainly with maces and hammers or weapons with contacts too small to lop off limbs - consciously wanting to ensure there's some kind of mess to scare the civvies beyond mushy misshapen corpses.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 10:46:23 am »

Someone punched a named war dog in the teeth.

There are 25 dog teeth, and one dog eye tooth, lying around now. And when that war dog dies, they will all have to be put in its coffin.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 01:39:16 pm »

The best solution might be to just mod teeth out of the game, or make each creature have only 1 tooth object at most.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 05:19:32 pm »

Teeth and other small parts should just become part of the underlying dirt after a short time. Unless they're lying on a constructed or smooth square, the client could simply remove them after N ticks.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]
Pages: 1 [2]